2. What information the Sites collect
Information you provide to us:
You do not need to provide information directly to us in order to view our website. However, when you use certain functions on the website, such as accessing certain features or content, registering for certain services, setting up a profile or contacting the website directly, you may provide us or we may ask for personally identifiable information or other information, which may include:
- contact information, such as name, and email address;
- username and password for your account;
- information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- information you may decide to provide on your profile or through your account, such as photographs, friends, biographies, anime or manga related lists and favorites, comments, posts, reviews, ratings, recommendations and other information or content you may provide through your account or on your profile;
- search queries conducted on the website;
- correspondence you send to us.
Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with the Sites:
When you use, interact with and visit the Sites, certain information may automatically be collected, including:
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies;
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer or other device;
- your browser type and operating system;
- the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Sites;
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
- activities within community discussions; and
- standard server log information.
- The above listed technologies and information track your usage of the Sites and help us with respect to certain functionality of the website such as recognizing you, remembering your preferences, bringing you advertising (both on and off the website) and otherwise providing you with a more personalized experience.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as Google Analytics Demographics and Interests Reports social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, our strategic business partners and ad targeting firms), including:
- unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests;
- if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the Sites, your username and connection lists for those services;
- contact information such as name, email address, phone number and postal address; and
- advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad.
Please note that our website may combine information we obtain from third-party sources with the information that we collect. Please also note that, if you make a payment on or through the website for digital content or for other transactions, we use third-party service providers to process your payment information.
3. How we use the information that we collect
In order to provide our users with free access to our content, we display advertisements and other content on the Sites, many of which are targeted based on information about you. We may also send you advertising through other means, such as email. Using information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other sources, we may use demographic data or information about your online activities or interests to display or communicate targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, advertisers reach Sites visitors who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested.
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as information about changes to the Sites or your account, promotional messages about our email newsletters, and our own or our affiliates’ or marketing partners’ products and services.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. We may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the Sites such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
To provide you with an open and civil, discussion forum, we track user involvement in our community discussions. Our forum moderators monitor discussions and delete comments that we deem inappropriate in our forums. For more information on this process, please see the Sites’ community rules, forum rules or comment policies about comment moderation guidelines.
In order to learn more about how the Sites are used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs, to increase our Sites’ functionality, and to monitor and analyze use of the Sites.
Support, Personalization and Security:
We may use the information we collect to provide support for and personalize the Sites and our products and services, and to create, maintain and secure your account. We may also use the information we collect to develop and improve and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Sites, products and services.
4. Information sharing
- We may employ the third parties to perform Sites-related services, including maintenance services, database management, data processing, analytics, marketing, and email and text message distribution. Access to your information is granted to these third parties only for the purpose of performing these tasks.
- We may share your information with our strategic business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our content, offering content or products that you may be interested in on our Sites or on our partners’ services, or engaging in other joint marketing activities. We may also share aggregated information or certain personal information with such partners or other the third parties to help us develop or provide you services, content, and advertising that may be of interest to you and our users.
- We may share information about you to respond to judicial proceedings, court orders, or subpoenas, or search warrants, legal process, or other legal or law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our rights, to comply with our legal obligations and/or to defend against legal actions or claims.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- From time to time, we may deploy technology such as application programming interfaces (or “APIs”) for use by third party application developers and make information concerning your public activities on the Sites, such as your comments on community message boards, available to third party websites and applications. If you use such third party websites and applications, they may also collect, process and share your information, including personal information. You should review the privacy policies of any third party websites or applications before using them.
- We may share information about you in the event that the Sites are acquired by a third party or third parties, or as part of a sale, merger, bankruptcy or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events.
- We may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that the third parties may independently collect data about you, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Sites.
Deactivating your account
Cookies and other tracking technologies
“Do not track” signals
Third Party Online Advertising
Some of the advertisements you see on the Sites are from third parties, such as advertising agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and audience segment providers. These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities, either on the Sites or on other websites, through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to understand your interests and tailor certain advertisements to your interests.
If you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on the Sites, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
If you choose to share personal information with us, you may update or amend this information by contacting us at “”. Please include in your email the name of the Site(s) to which you provided the information you wish to amend.
7. California Residents
Information We Collect
We collect “personal information” as defined under the CCPA, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device. Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information or information excluded from the CCPA’s scope. In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information about consumers (i.e., California residents) within the last 12 months:
|Categories:||Examples of Personal Information in the Category:||Collected (“Yes” or “No”):|
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes, we have collected personal information included in this category.|
|B. Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
Please note that some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Yes, we have collected personal information included in this category.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes, we have collected personal information included in this category.|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes, we have collected personal information included in this category.|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic (e.g., DNA), physiological, behavioral, or biological characteristics, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No, we have not collected personal information included in this category.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes, we have collected personal information included in this category.|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||No, we have not collected personal information included in this category. We do collect IP addresses which may provide general geographic location information, but we do not collect specific physical location or movements information.|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No, we have not collected personal information included in this category.|
|I. Professional or employment related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No, we have not collected personal information included in this category.|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No, we have not collected personal information included in this category.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No, we have not collected personal information included in this category.|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above as described above in Section 2 (“What information the Sites collect”), such as directly from you, automatically and indirectly from you and from third-party sources and platforms.
Use of Personal Information
We describe how we may use or disclose the personal information we collect above in Section 3 (“How we use the information that we collect”). We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into an agreement with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the agreement. We may share your personal information with the categories of third parties described above in Section 4 (“Information sharing”).
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: Califo